My Thirst For Knowledge
I was reading a lot of books from beginning to end and it made me wonder why I had this thirst for knowledge. I received a very revealing answer. I was expecting a pat on my back for being such a good girl for wanting to “broaden my horizons”. The answer was a lower punch to my liver (read EGO).
“He, who seeks knowledge all the time, DOESN’T really want to find it”.
What? How can that be? I thought that if I search for the truth and took time to investigate, compare, analyze and study, isn’t it because I really want to find the truth?
Then the answer was: “You don’t have to seek for knowledge, because knowledge is inside of you. And if you seek outside yourself, it’s like a dog chasing his tail: He can spend the rest of his life looking for something that is already part of him, something that is really attached to its body.
To find knowledge and be aware that it is a part of you, you can’t seek outside yourself. Relax, listen to your inner voice.
What makes you look outside yourself is the fear of knowing that you actually do know.
The general idea of “intellectualism” is something very accepted in our society. We accept very easily the titles, good grades, diplomas, etc. The more we try to improve our lives by society’s standards, the more we waste our lives trying to be who we are not. We then become our titles because this is something that the general population readily accepts; but it’s not who we really are.
Besides, what we learn in books is not ours; it has nothing to do with US. Then whether it’s true or not it doesn’t affect us directly. An example is a book written by Mr. MD or Mrs. PHD. We read the book and then we repeat like parrots whatever is in there. We think that if they wrote it, it must be truth. But we protect ourselves by saying; “I’m only repeating what they have written in their book”.
If we go throught our lives repeating others people’s truths, we will be repeating words of death, echoes of voices without life, without strength, without ESSENCE.
The time we spend reading some books, we can utilize in ourselves, in knowing ourselves, listening to our Source, finding the truth within, the truth that has been there forever, the truth that is pure, beautiful, sincere, and free from manipulations and fear.
The truth that we all have inside.
Whenever we encounter our true selves, we won’t be wasting time because we know that it will no longer be enough to “Know That We Know”.
Knowing that we know, brings with it a “Great Responsibility” and the responsibility that we made with ourselves by LIVING what we know. And here is where FEAR plays a big part...
Before we made others responsible for what they wrote in their books and we freed ourselves from any responsibility. But now it’s our TRUTH and by making it our truth, we have to now LIVE IT.
Now it is our RESPONSIBILITY and no one else’s.
Wherever I go my presence will be an indicator of who I AM, the TRUTH THAT IS ME.
After that, we will not have to tell anybody that we know this or that because we will be a clear reflection of what WE ARE, NOT WHAT WE KNOW.
If our lives are a clear reflection of the truth that is insideus, we will became an open books with living letters and those who surround us can read without the need to even open our lips.
And this doesn’t mean that we will never read another book or go to another seminar or take another self improvement program.
The real message is: If a truth comes my way and if that truth resonates with the truth that is already inside me but somehow was hiding from me: that would be a clear indication that it’s time to start LIVING IT as MY OWN, with the RESPONSIBILITY that it implies.
BE what you know.
LESS WORDS ……. MORE ACTION.
With Love,
Patricia Elena Garcia
In silence I find Peace
In silence I find Love
In silence a find God
In silence I find Myself
No comments:
Post a Comment